The year 2020 has taken its toll on all of us. Here are a few ideas of how to deal with not only the stress of this past year, but also the coming holiday season.
- Take care of yourself. Eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of sleep, and give yourself a break if you feel stressed out.
- Talk to others. Share your problems and how you are feeling and coping with a parent, friend, counselor, doctor, or pastor.
- Avoid drugs and alcohol. These may seem to help, but they can create additional problems and increase the stress you are already feeling.
- Take a break. If news events are causing your stress, take a break from listening or watching the news.
- Recognize when you need more help. If problems continue or you are thinking about suicide, talk to a psychologist, social worker, or professional counselor.
Please contact us to make an appointment in office or by telemedicine, if you need to talk about stress or anxiety with one of our providers. You can reach us at (385)988-3965 or email@example.com.